Legal practice encompasses many diverse practice settings, including large, medium and small law firms; government agencies at the federal, state and local levels; civil legal services organizations; public interest law firms etc.
Areas of Practices
- Commercial Law
- Conveyancing and Property Transactions
- Local Government Law
- Planning and Environment law
- Retail and Commercial Leases
- Debt Recovery and Litigation
- Wills and Probate
Whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice, looking for a business lawyer to assist with commercial litigation or planning to buy or sell a business,
- the preparation and negotiation of commercial agreements, including(but not limited to) joint venture, partnership and shareholder and unit holder agreements
- dealing with intellectual property matters,
- preparing terms and conditions of trade,
- drafting agency agreements, and
- advising on commercial transactions, including employment law.
Conveyancing and Property Transactions
Lawyers undertake leasing work on behalf of either landlords or tenants and ensure that you are kept up to date with amendments to legislation governing the leasing of commercial premises in Victoria. They can assist you in preparing or reviewing lease documentation as well as complying with the notification requirements required by Victorian legislation.
Local Government Law
Lawyers can provide advice and assistance to businesses, local councils, and public authorities for the following matters of Local Government law:
- Local Government planning, policies, appeals, schemes and financial management
- Purchase, sale and licensing of land, conveyancing and advice for property management
- Contaminated land matters
- Waste management
Planning and Environment law
Expert advice and assistance regarding planning and environmental legislation, including:
- Corporate and corporate officer liability for environmental offences
- Contaminated land issues
- Pollution prosecutions and appeals
- Requirements for environmental licenses and approvals
Retail and Commercial Leases
It is important to seek legal advice from an experienced commercial lawyer before entering a lease, as it has the potential of becoming a negative impact on your business’ cash flow at a later stage.
- Drafting and reviewing retail and commercial leases
- Negotiation for the terms of the lease
- Subletting of premises
- Possible dispute resolution
Debt Recovery and Litigation
Debt Recovery lawyers have experience in all aspects of debt recovery from initial demand letters, commencing and defending court proceedings, undertaking negotiations on your behalf and enforcing judgment debts. They are proficient in commencing enforcement proceedings such as bankruptcy and corporate liquidation.
The general process will consist of:
- Pre-Action Protocol
- The issue of a Claim Form including particulars of claim and evidence of claim
- Notice of Issue
- Acknowledge of Service
- Defence and Counterclaim
- Request For Judgment in default if the claim is not disputed by the debtor
Find the best law firm in Melbourne, contact us today for divorce lawyers to solve your leagl issues.